Tourism Australia is a statutory authority of the Australian Government, which promotes Australia as a tourism destination
internationally and domestically and delivers research and forecasts for the sector.
Established on 1 July 2004, Tourism Australia brings together the collective skills and knowledge of four separate
organisations: the Australian Tourist Commission; See Australia; the Bureau of Tourism Research and Tourism Forecasting Council.
The main objectives of Tourism Australia under the Tourism Australia Act 2004 are to:
- Influence people to travel to Australia, including for events;
- Influence people travelling to Australia to also travel throughout Australia;
- Influence Australians to travel throughout Australia, including for events;
- Help foster a sustainable tourism industry in Australia; and
- Help increase the economic benefits to Australia from tourism.
- Redesign of Tourism Australia’s Business Events website
- Ongoing maintenance and continuing website development
5 Limes was sub-contracted to complete the template build, correct rendering issues, deliver active content through the
integration of ASP.Net components and integrate the site with Epsilon eMarketing, campaign management and DM fulfilment tools.
Omniture Analytics is used to track site usage statistics and the site is available in five languages.
During the site build 5 Limes co-ordinated with creative design teams from Euro RSCG, Elanex and M&C Saatchi who provided
translation services, as well as with hosting providers and Tourism Australia’s Business Events team.