Using social web offerings, you would expect a more intuitive, flexible and individualised
work environment based on the latest technologies like AJAX or .NET. With the newest
release, Open Text Web Solutions meets the demands of the social user experience
by empowering subject matter experts and business users to unlock the full potential
of your Web property.
As part of the Open Text ECM Suite, Version 10 is the 2009 major release of the
Open Text Web Solutions. It has been designed with usability aspects in mind to
deliver a better experience to the user, empower occasional and power editors, allow
agile and innovative content creation, leverage Enterprise 2.0 and let organisations
control their processes with content. With extended support of the latest .NET technologies,
Version 10 boosts high-scale multilingual Web projects and enterprise-wide deployments.
New Graphical User Interface for Start page with widgets for:
- Delivery Server pages with SSO
- Management Server pages
- Saved Searches
- Tasks Lists
- External URLs
- Link Browser in Text Editor
SmartEdit re-design with new features like:
- SmartPanels (Clipboard, Content Classes)
- Navigation Area (read-only)
- New Tasks Dialog
- New Search Dialog
- Saved Searches in Tasks List
- Page Browser in Text Editor for Link Creation
- Configure User-friendly URLs in Delivery Server
- Extended password handling in Delivery Server
.NET based page builder:
- Optimised memory management
- Multi-processor, and multi-threading support
- MSSQL 2008 & MS Windows Server 2008 Support
- Engine Interface for easier integration
- Delivery Server Repository Bridge to Artesia DAM for dynamic access to Assets
Agile Workspace for Orchestrating Knowledge
Web Solutions Version 10 provides editors with a new SmartEdit, an iGoogle-like
Homepage and a new intuitive way to work with Task and Searches.
Optimised Use of Enterprise IT environments
Introducing with Version 10, the new PageBuilder and Process Manager leverage Multi
Processor Power. In addition, additional browsers (i.e. Mozilla) are supported as
well as recent Microsoft environments.
Enhanced ECM and Ecosystem Integrations
Whether you are using SAP NetWeaver, Open Text market-leading solutions Content
Server or Digital Media or 3rd party Search Engines, Web Solutions 10 seamlessly
integrates with your exiting content infrastucture.
New Web 2.0 Elements
Web Solutions have been powering social user experience with Web projects for years.
Now, the new Event Calendar and additional modules (RSS, Tagging UI etc.) let you
benefit from Enterprise 2.0 even more.
Contact us for more information